Thursday 15 September 2011

What's growing ...

Greetings fellow gardeners and cooks.
Hope you've all had a good week.
Firstly, would like to send a shout out to my mate Gav King, who gave TG&C a shout out this week. And I'd like to congratulate him on being the force behind this week's herb garden initiative in the Cairns CBD. Check it out here: http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2011/09/16/182565_local-news.html.
In the meantime, here's a bit of an update of what's growing at the moment. I have to admit to a growing (pun intended) apprehension about the garden for the next few months, as it's becoming very dry and I know the moisture is going to be just sucked out. I would like to see some temporary shadecloth installed over the main vege patch though I haven't talked husband into that yet. After all, he's most likely the one to be doing the manual labour (I'm the ideas person?) so I really do need to have him onside.
Baby pumpkins growing. Grow, my precious!

Hopefully the next crop of corn, down the "back paddock".


Passionfruit vine. Nice arbor, huh? These two plants are growing on two big palm trees that I requested husband shift as they were very close to the house. It seems only one has survived.






Baby zucchinis, ripe for the pollinating.

Oh yay! Another tomato!


Baby pumpkin.

Watch this space ....

No comments:

Post a Comment