Sunday 14 August 2011

Howdy

Greetings, salutations and hullo.
Welcome to my thoughts, for what they are worth, about gardening in the tropics and cooking with what you grow.
Who the heck is The Tropical Gardener and Cook?
Well, I grew up on a smallcrops farm in southern Queensland so a life on the land is close to my heart. Having moved to FNQ about six years ago and having not much income, my husband (a former farmboy) and I were keen to start our own vegie garden.
But for those who know, gardening in the tropics is not a piece of cake and finding valid, credible information can be a challenge.
It is important to grow what is in season and more importantly, eat it while it's fresh.
And as those of you who have tried it know, sometimes it can be a challenge finding recipes for tropical produce.
That's where I come in. I am not an expert on either topic, far from it. But I would like to think of myself as a filter, a gatherer of information and hopefully we can learn and grow our gardens and kitchens together.
I am keen and eager for comments and input, so please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment